Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Coral Floral

The past few weeks I have been inspired to pull out some projects I had started a while ago.  My latest piece had the top with its floral motif completed and was ready to be quilted.
I wanted it to finish it at 12" x 10", a nonstandard size in canvas wrapped frames. So I needed to make the frame myself.  I pieced 2- 10" and 2- 12" stretcher strips. Then I attached a piece of foam core cut to fit over the top. In this picture you can see the construction at the back. After covering with batting and fabric, I  pinned a matching piece of fabric for the back. I then hand sewed it on.

I stitched in leaves with a green variegated rayon thread to fill the background.  "Coral Floral" is completed and available in my Gallery Shop.

1 comment:

Comments? Love to hear them from you.