Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Early Spring

Recently I completed a small mixed media piece entitled "Early Spring." It started when my mixed media group, Fiber Junkies, was  working with modeling paste last fall.
 Gen had given each of us a small gesso coated board which I painted in shades of green, blue and purple. Then I tinted the modeling paste a light green and applied the tree design.
Next I painted small pink dots to represent buds that appear on the tree in early spring. I covered an 8 x 10 frame wrap with hand dyed cotton and cheesecloth and mounted the piece to it.  It was a little tricky to decide how to mount the board. I decided to sew velcro to the cloth on the frame and then glued the corresponding velcro to the back of the painted board.
"Early Spring" is available for purchase on my Gallery Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Love to hear them from you.