Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blue View

Another unfinished piece is now completed!
 This is a tree design I have been drawing for a while. I thread sketched it onto this hand dyed fabric.
I like working with these multicolored cotton threads and used them for the thread sketching.
 Next I chose this hand dyed organza fabric to layer over the piece. I hand quilted some of the main vine/leaves on the organza to attach it to the main piece. I left it all loose to give the look of distance between the two layers.
"Blue View" measures 18" x 15" and is available on my Gallery Shop.

1 comment:

  1. I love the overlay of sheer...so clever and such a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Love to hear them from you.