Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Thursday, April 24, 2014

More from Denny's Studio

Denny is fortunate to have the entire walk out basement area of her house for her studio. She has many wonderful storage ideas that I had shown in an earlier blog. I thought I would show more photos from her fabulous studio rooms.

 You can see the abundance of shelving - all full.
 Nice way to store things.
Love these hangars. Haven't seen them before.
 Extensive paint and mixed media supplies.
 Storage for the special hand made papers.
 A nice way to hang items for a current project.
Her wet studio is fully stocked.
 Isn't this a clever way to keep the buckets from sticking together?
 She even has a place to store those wet plastic bags.
 So organized. See all those turntables stacked up on the left?
 Bins of fabric.
 These two photos have more great ways to store/display special fabrics.

 These boards with extra large clips are very useful.



 She has plenty of pool noodles for rolling her quilts.
 A new acquisition is this huge roll of extra wide freezer paper. 
 This roll of fencing is made of plastic! It will be easier to work with than metal. Thanks for sharing, Denny.
 This massive bookcase was located in the bathroom. All very good space, don't need to waste it!
 Here Denny is showing me her innovative storage of completed quilts. She has a very sturdy double row freestanding clothing rack on which there are many dozen clip-on style hangers.
 Is this not an excellent way to store them and yet keep them readily available? I hope to use this idea also.
A larger item is rolled and stored on top of the racks.
 Denny is the proud owner of a large box of the oversized pool noodles.
 Some items on her design wall.
 Bolts and rolls of all kinds of great, very useful materials.
 I thought I had a large thread collection, but Denny's is more extensive.
 I especially like the massive rolls and bolts of different battings.
 These very huge rolls are covered with cloth to keep them clean as they hang from the ceiling.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing...I feel like I'm in a huge quilting shop...such great storage ideas...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Love to hear them from you.