Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Friday, April 11, 2014

Catching the Sun

Recently I decided to complete a small improvisational piece I had started a while ago.
This is the top. The fibers are silk and hand dyed fabric. I like to use wool batting.
The background was densely quilted. The foreground was not.
For the binding, I chose this pretty chiffon for a soft edge. It looks lovely, but was quite difficult to work with. Too late, I remembered that last time I had used it for binding I had adhered it to cotton fabric. it is a little thicker that way, less soft looking, but much easier to work with.
This is the finished piece. It is about 12" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Love to hear them from you.