Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Monday, January 13, 2014

Paper Cloth Greeting Cards

A few months ago, my Fiber Junkie Group made paper cloth. I had a lot of fun cutting some of that cloth in shapes to make greeting cards.
 This is my favorite piece of paper cloth.  It has maps, napkins and tissue paper adhered to cloth.
 Here are the first cards I made from that cloth. I cut the cloth with a scalloped edged rotary cutter and sewed it onto cardstock.
 Well, that was so much fun, that I recently made some more.

This is from a different paper cloth.
Here are 2 more from the same paper cloth.
 
I thought I would make a cake shape. I started by cutting a paper into the shape. Then cut the cloth.
 Adding a little netting ruffled around the shape added a little more fun.
 This is another piece.
 

2 comments:

  1. How very creative....thank you for posting them....you certainly got far better results then I did!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Love to hear them from you.