Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year Collage with Fiber Junkies

Yesterday, my Fiber Junkie group got together to create a collage for 2014. This is something Denny had done many years in another group when she lived elsewhere. The idea is to go with what you like or think you may want to do in 2014.
 Judy has a huge studio with large tables. We spread out the materials and looked through the magazines and catalogs for pictures we liked.
 This is the pile I amassed.
 This is Judy's collage. She has a real vintage look here with items from old magazines, like "Look". Judy and I applied the pictures on cloth, similar to the cloth paper we made last fall.
 Gen glued her pictures on a black poster board. She has a travel theme going.
 Mary chose items she thought would appeal to her grandson as a large Valentine card.
 Denny had 2 parts to her collage. One side of the poster portrays inner life and the other side is outer life. I will let you figure out which side is which. Her collage is above and below here.
 
This is my collage, in the style of paper cloth. I went for color and shape and added a lot of colored tissue paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Love to hear them from you.