Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Wednesday, October 2, 2013

More Modeling Paste Fun on Paper and Board

Fabric is really my favorite medium, but sometimes paper can be fun to work with.  Gen does a lot of work with paper and had prepared more projects for the Fiber Junkies with the modeling/fiber paste. She had her computer set up with a nice tutorial she had for us to look at.


This is one of several pieces that she made for us. It is a thick layer of the paste through a simple stencil on heavy watercolor paper. I really like the design. The idea is to use it as a stamp with paint. I wish I had taken more pictures of this used as a stamp. I didn't want to get paint on mine.


Another idea was to create a picture with the paste on these small gesso covered boards.  Some of us painted the boards first.

 
Gen painting her board. On the table are Judy's, Mary's and mine.


This is the board I painted and then after it was dried, I used that tree stencil of Gen's that I really liked. There is a bit of the green paint in some of it. I liked the way the paste was sufficiently sturdy that it remains attached over the edge of the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Love to hear them from you.