Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Monday, November 4, 2013

Houston 2013

A highlight of the year for me is attending the International Quilt Festival in Houston. It is a wonderful opportunity to see a large number of quilts from around the world.  It also has a very large number of vendors with all the latest gadgets, fabrics and fun stuff.
 Here is a look at some of the vendors.
 An early stop is to this vendor to get an XL tote bag.
A new feature this year was the miniature golf to win spools of thread. Alas, my skills were pretty rusty and I did not get far on this course.
 Craftsy sponsored "Open Studios". There were 4 stations that each had demonstrations for 2 hour blocks. I really enjoyed visiting the ones featuring mixed media artists.
 The Open Studios was conveniently located near the food court.
 So many fun things on display.
And lots of fun outfits by attendees.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos help to remind me just what fun Houston can be! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Love to hear them from you.