Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Beading with Fiber Junkies

My Fiber Junkies group met recently at Mary's house for a wonderful lesson in beading using the peyote stitch around small mirrors. The same method could be used to bead cabochons or other small, flat objects.
 Mary is showing us the back of one of her beaded works of art.
 This is the kit she put together for each of us.
 This is an example of Mary's work with this stitch and a cabochon.
 I really love this one.  More examples of Mary's work can be seen on her blog and gallery shop. there is a link under My Blog List on the margin of this page.
 Judy is concentrating on her piece. Good light really helps.
 Gen is enjoying hers also.
 Val wasn't sure if she liked this at first, but it didn't take long for her to have fun.
 Denny is very focused.
 We had a feast for lunch, all of it homemade by Mary who is also a wonderful cook.
 Judy finished the first mirror by adding some lines of beads over the mirror. On the right is her 2nd one. That first row takes a while, but the other rows are so quick and fun.
 These are the 2 that I beaded. The one on left is just 3 rows of beads around the mirror. It went very quickly. The one on right I added a 4th row on the inside. I like that look. It was also very quick.  Such a fun time with such an excellent instructor.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words Kate......and yes, I gave each 'student' an A.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Love to hear them from you.