Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Wednesday, September 11, 2013

More Shibori Style Fabric Painting

Here are a few more pieces that I painted.  All the fabrics I painted were ones I wanted to add more complexity to.
 This was a piece I had marbled.
 I added rubber bands. I think that is the easiest method of wrapping the fabric.
 This is it scrunched and after I painted some dark blue on the ridges.
 I like it.  But I think I will do it again with a dark green in the middle area.

 This was fabric I had sand painted shades of green and blue. 
I like the way the white lines gave the watery effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Love to hear them from you.