Folly Beach is a favorite source of inspiration for me. It is a barrier island and known as "The Edge of America," which inspired the name "On the Edge Studio." I enjoy working with 3 different themes- Traditional, Nature, and Mixed Media. This blog is a way to show my quilts and share some of their stories with family and friends.











Friday, September 6, 2013

Monochromatic Parfait Style Ice Dyeing

I decided to do another batch of ice dyeing.  This time I just used shades of green.

 The two on the left side are the result. The picture doesn't really do the fabric justice.  After the fabric was washed in synthropol, it was a really lovely with nice variations of green.

In my previous blog I mentioned some lace Mary had brought to dye.  She placed one of the pieces in the bottom of the tray and one was on top with the ice and dye.  They look really pretty, soft in color.  She had some other small lace pieces that I wish I had pictures of to add here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Love to hear them from you.